Exploring My Childhood Past
FORMATION OBJECTIVES OR BENEFITS
- Identify and express important aspects of yourself felt and experienced in your past.
- “Concretize” your felt experience by making it visible through this form of creative expression.
- Liberate yourself from past wounds and rekindle deep life in you by becoming more aware of the best in you.
Each day unfolds the same way:
- A theme proposed by the educator to launch the creative expression well
- A time for in depth creative expression
- A time for distance taking and analyzing your works
- A time for sharing your day’s work
The proposed themes:
- Visualizing my self-image as a child
- Feeling and expressing what wounded me during my childhood (persons, events, surroundings)
- Becoming aware of the traces of my painful past in my life today
- Reconnecting with what was constructive in my childhood
- Discovering the best of what was already alive in me
- Action plan and final inventory
The training takes place in a group. Questions invite you to observe your life on the theme being dealt with and to describe your experience. The time of guided analysis is followed by optional sharing, without entering into discussion. In order to deepen participants’ personal research, the educator gives input and uses various means (diagrams, commentaries, observations notes, etc.). The variety of experiences shared in the group enriches participants. You are invited to make well thought out decisions corresponding to your actual reality.
Conditions de participation
It is recommended to have taken the Who Am I? formation or the modules Discovering the Core of My Identity and Growing in Personal Solidity, and one formation on PRH analysis. It is not required to have specific competencies for drawing or painting. It is not recommended for deeply perturbed individuals, or for individuals in psychotherapy, unless they receive the approval from their psychotherapist.