Learning to Help Using the PRH Method
FORMATION OBJECTIVES OR BENEFITS
- Acquire the bases of the PRH helping relationship method.
- Discover and experience the necessary attitudes.
- Become equipped to meet the requests for help in your daily or professional life
Part 1 – The fundamental attitudes for helping others
- The emphasis is on “how to be” through a quality of listening and fundamental attitudes
Part 2 – The various forms of help and my main reference points for helping others
- Dialogue approach, non-directive approach, and directive approach
- From my own experience as accompanist, I bring out my main reference points for helping others
- The main component of this workshop is experiencing interviews lived within the group of participants. These interviews are followed by observation work, sharing, and dialogue concerning the various points observed. All of this takes place under the responsibility, the direction, and input from the facilitator.
Action plan and final inventory
The training takes place in a group. Questions invite you to observe yourself on this theme and to describe your experience. The time of guided analysis is followed by optional sharing, without into discussion. In order to deepen participants’ personal research, the educator gives input and uses various means (diagrams, commentaries, observations notes, etc.). The variety of experiences shared in the group enriches participants. You are then invited to make well thought out decisions corresponding to your actual reality.